What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you browse certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information on a user's browsing habits or on your computer, and they can be used to identify the user, depending on the information they contain and on the way the computer is used.
What kind of cookies is used on this website, and what for?
- Analysis cookies: those cookies are processed either internally or by third party entities, and allow us to quantify the number of users, and thus to perform measurements and statistical analysis on how users use our services. To do so, we analyze how the users browse our website in order to improve user experience.
- Technical cookies: those cookies allow the user to browse the website or the application, and to use the different options or services that are offered. For instance, they are used to control traffic and data communications, to identify sessions, to grand access to restricted access parts of the service, to memorise the details of an order, to handle registration or participation to an event, to enable security systems during browsing, and to store contents for video or sound distribution.
- Personalisation cookies: those cookies allow the user to access or use the service with some general specifications that are either predefined in their terminal, or user defined. For example, the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the design of the selected content, geolocation of the terminal, and the locale configuration depending on where the service is accessed from.
- Custom preference cookies: those cookies allow our system to memorize information that change the appearance and/or the behaviour of the website, such as the user's preferred language or the region in which they are located. For instance, when memorizing the user's region, a website can provide them with news about local traffic or weather reports. Those cookies also allow the user to change the text size, the font settings, and other parts of the website that can be customized.
- Advertising cookies: those cookies allow the effective management of the advertising spaces that can be included in the web pages or in the application from which the service is provided. They allow the user to adapt the advertising content so that it is relevant for themselves, and to avoid being served with ads that they have already seen.
- Session cookies: this kind of cookies is designed to collect, or set, and store data as the user is browsing a website.
- Persistent cookies: this kind of cookies keeps data stored in the terminal so that it can be accessed and processed over a given period, the limit of which is defined by the entity responsible for the cookie, and that can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Proprietary cookies: those cookies are sent to the user's terminal from a computer or domain that are managed by the editor of the service himself, and from which the service is provided as requested by the user.
Note: proprietary cookies are used by the owner of this website only, whereas the "third party" cookies are used by the providers of the services that are detailed in the previous table.